Sunday 22 June 2014

PRISON LAUNDRY

Yikes, I'm in prison! Well not really just a youth hostel converted from a prison. I thought I would catch up with my laundry, they have an arrangement here where you have sole use of the laundry room. This meant I could wash all my clothes and just wear my swimming cossie.  I didn't have any washing powder so used my shower gel. Part way through the cycle a mass of foam escaped from the machine and it stopped. I cleaned up the evidence then had to go to reception in my cossie to report the problem. Miraculously within 10 minutes an engineer had come and gone. So still parading around in my cossie I started the cycle again only to have the same thing happen with even more foam. Too embarrassed to go to reception again I retrieved the clothes and rinsed them by hand, cleaned the foam out off the machine then switched it on and off to clear the fault (which I think is all the engineer must have done). Finally 3rd time lucky,  minimal foam and after a tumble dry I was able to get dressed. The moral of this tale is don't wash  all your clothes at the same time!

2 comments:

  1. Oh mother - that's just so you to get yourself in such a fix! But glad you're having so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, are you sure it wasn't your shower gel that's caused all that problem? Reminds me of the time when I had to go to the Reception at a youth hostel in my bath towel because one my my room-mates locked me out while I was in the shower.

    ReplyDelete