Wednesday 2 November 2016

Perth and Beyond

We'll not very far beyond Perth. I stopped off at a cycle shop to ask them to tweak my front brake that was rubbing and refused to submit to my gentle encouragement. The guy spent about 15 minutes tweaking it and as often happens refused any payment. Lots of excellent cycle paths through the city and along the Swan river which is named after the black swans there, of which there were many. I met up with a local woman Maggie, out on her daily ride, we chatted as we cycled together for about an hour and I got a few local tips. Spent the first night at the coast having gone along some pleasant beachside trails. Headed inland still thinking about the Munda Biddi trail and stayed at a lovely B and B except that it was up an extremely steep hill,  a reminder of the hill towns in France they Ling and I tackled. However it was worth after returning from the town with dinner ( yes coming up the hill second time) I met my first kangaroos.


No comments:

Post a Comment