Sunday 27 July 2014

NETHERLANDS CYCLING

Well into The Netherlands now, just west of Amsterdam. As expected cycling here is easy as completely flat (though I miss the variations that a few hills give) and of course miles and miles of cycle lanes. It does mean of course that loads of people cycle so you have to maintain lane etiquette or get mown down.  The cycle signs are the best I have seen and could navigate through the countryside just with signs. My nemesis still remains large towns and cities where I still get lost.
I had a glorious day cycling along perfect smooth trails through fields and along canals without a car in sight.
Torrential thunderstorm yesterday had everyone running for shelter, I cut my losses and found a cheap hotel.
Be crossing the channel in about 4 or 5 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment